For mortgage brokers, social media marketing is a brilliant way to be heard within your local community and to generate new leads. It doesn’t need to be complicated, nor does it need to be a burden. Facebook activity can be an easy way to market your business without investing a fortune, making it ideal for small to medium business owners. So, how do Australia’s top mortgage broker’s win clients on social media?
I actually came across a few stats the other day which confirmed 79% of Australians are now on social media and over 1/3 of people check social media at least 5 times a day. Crazy isn’t it! We live on our devices day and night and yet there are businesses out there who aren’t securing the opportunities to be in front of their customers.
These days, with the help of Facebook marketing, you can gently remind people who have visited your website, people you met at that recent networking event and even future customers who are searching for your competitors. There really are endless opportunities. Plus, the best part is you can track your results and leads in real-time, no more guessing if the campaign is working or not! I know how much we all love the sound of that.
So, if you’re a Mortgage Broker considering social media marketing you may be thinking “How can I market my Mortgage Broker business on Facebook?” and “What sort of content should a Mortgage Broker be posting on Facebook?”. Well, the most effective way for mortgage broker’s to win clients on social media is by having a foundation in place to start with. I’ve outlined the basic steps below to help you get started.
Create a marketing strategy
It doesn’t need to be rocket science, just make a start. Write down your goals and how you plan to achieve them. I always recommend the marketing strategy any Mortgage Broker should start with is:
- Position yourself as the expert in your local community
- Find a niche. E.g. First Home Buyers, Refinancing, Renovators, Investors
- Be active consistently!
By starting your strategy with these three points it will help set the foundation to your overall goal.
Define your audience
Once you have these three points in place, start narrowing down your audience to:
The more you understand who your audience is, the more specific your targeting can be. You will then be able to focus every piece of content you produce around this ideal audience, in turn making it more relatable for them and making your content more engaging.
Create Content Pillars
From here create your content pillars. These may change depending on your ultimate goal, however it’s important to have this in place from the start so you don’t produce content that is irrelevant for your followers. Don’t be afraid to change it as your business grows. You should be consistently developing this part of your strategy. As a starting point you can use the the below content pillars:
- Local Community focussed
- Sales/ Business orientated
So a few tips to take away and implement into your Mortgage Broker business are:
- Don’t miss out on the opportunity of marketing straight to your customers (without the price tag)
- Create a strategy. Define what your goals are and how you plan to achieve them.
- Define your target audience. Understand who they are, what they’re interest in and where they are located.
- Create a content strategy. Understand what you’re posting and who you’re posting it for. Be educational, community focussed, inspirational and don’t forget to add something in their about you/ your business.
If you do find yourself wanting to venture into this space but you no clue where to start or you have no time spare, then don’t forget Social Direct can help you. We specialise in social media for mortgage brokers and we’re experts at:
- Creating social media posts that are designed to educate and engage the type of audience you want as well as cater for your existing customers.
- Promoting your services and products so you are consistently being noticed by your current and future followers.
- Plus, we offer social media marketing packages with no lock-in contracts!
Give the team at Social Direct a call if you want to discuss this option: 1300 266 064